This was my first time spray-basting my quilt top/batting/backing sandwich. And hey, I liked it! My first thought was to do it outside to avoid the fumes...but it was too windy. Then I thought I'd tape the backing to the floor like Sarah suggested. This might have worked if it was the cats' naptime. As it was, they believed I was laying a blanket out for them to bathe, wrestle, and lounge upon. Why, oh why do they torture me? Sigh. I was about to shut them in a room for awhile when I realized, hey, I like to pin my quilt backs to the carpet anyway. So I got out my t-pins and did that. Kitty footprints don't mess them up quite as much.
The Mission Rose but they were all out. Oh well next time.
I only have one teeny pucker in the back. I'm going to pretend it's not there. I won't even show you because of course it's NOT there.
Maybe I should admit defeat and do a grid pattern. Friends, I was very close. But I really really REALLY wanted a stippled quilt. I re-read Sarah's tutorial and she inspired me to relaaaaaaax, take a deep breath, and go for it. At this point I was so exhausted that I think it helped. I lost my tension and just figured what the he--. It's not going to be perfect and that's just the way it is.
I definitely got into it. It was...dare I say it...Fun. Once I just let go and took the pressure off myself, it worked.
And not good parts...oopsie!