Sunday, July 11, 2010

Recent retailing

Hi everyone! Thanks for listening to me complain in my last post. Things are looking up...it's still hot but not humid (until tomorrow anyway), so I feel like I can BREATHE. Swimming and softball are over so there won't be much rushing around this week. Yaay!
Photobucket

I've done a little retail therapy lately. Yesterday I went out (by myself!) to Hobby Lobby and Christmas Tree Shops. I got a few goodies at my first stop.


I love that piece of homespun, and it was less than a buck. Nice jumbo rick rack too! I've never seen flowered rick rack before, have you? I had to get some. I also got this adorable fall pumpkin. I know, it's early for fall but decorations were 50% off. And believe it or not, Christmas decor is coming out! So buying one piece for fall didn't seem that bad. :-)

Matches the table runner!

Then at Christmas Tree Shops I got some great stuff. This basket for Annabelle's room...


And a couple of these placemats too ($1.29 each)...



Aren't these glass jars adorable? A buck!


I love these little wooden apple bowl fillers...three dollars for two bags. I'm telling you, the prices at this store are incredible.


This pillow is for the guest room...isn't the cross-stitching so pretty? $9.99!


I got my wonderful order from Miss Sharon yesterday. Have you checked out her website yet, Daisy Cottage Quilting? Great, great stuff. I got the CUTEST fabric from her...I love these two lines, Early Bird and Flower Sugar. Also a really pretty book and stork-shaped embroidery scissors.


These little toasters kill me! ♥

We're going to bbq some chicken tonight and enjoy the last day of somewhat decent temperatures before it gets hot again this week. I hope everyone is having a great day!

♥ Jen

6 comments:

  1. I was really enjoying your post right down til the last sentence---are we in for really "hot" weather????
    Love all you little treasures--sewing and non sewing ones!!!
    and if I can buy fall fabric you can buy fall decorations!!!!!
    Have a great week
    Hugs, Di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I need to get to Christmas Tree Shop! AND those scissors from Sharon!! Hopefully she'll have them when I get back from vacation so that I can get those plus some Flower Sugar fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those toasters...and the apples...and, okay! EVERYTHING. Can't wait to visit and take a trip to Christmas Tree Shops :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was in Hobby Lobby a couple of weeks ago and was amazed that their fall stuff was already 50%-60% off and the Christmas stuff was out. I think that's a little ridiculous. By the time I get ready to decorate for either fall or Christmas, everything will be gone.
    Love all you purchases. I think my favorite is the xstitch pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun day of shopping. We had a few days in the 90's here. Of course on of the days was the day of my son's wedding. We have sun and a nice breeze today. I don't think we saw the sun all spring so when there is sun we enjoy. Thanks for sharing your great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that fabric and I've been thinking of it and wondering what I can make.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.